Haliç University enables student exchange in and outside Turkey with the exchange programs via contractual institutions.
There are two kind of student exchange:
Haliç University gives its students the opportunity to study as exchange students for one and/or two academic semesters, so provides minimum 2 and maximum 12-month scholarship internship opportunities in Europe to its students.
Undergraduate and graduate full-time students of Haliç University can be eligible to benefit from Erasmus study mobility students should apply in the dates stated on the academic calendar by handing in their application form and the most recent copy of their transcript to the Erasmus Office. The eligibility criteria for applicants are the below:
Undergraduate students must have a minimum grade of 2.20/4.00 cumulative GPA and graduate students a minimum grade of 2.50/4.00 cumulative GPA. The grades taken into consideration will be those of the transcript provided during the time of application.
The students who benefited from Erasmus study or placement mobility before can also apply to this call. Students have to make sure that the total length of mobility should not exceed 12 months.
All students who apply to the Erasmus program will have to attend the examination carried out by the English Proficiency Department carried out on the dates set on the calendar. The exam consists of a written and oral section which both , and is carried out twice a year. The exam results will be announced on a date announced on the academic calendar.
EVALUATION | Calculation of the students total Erasmus grade takes place through:
• Academic Performance (GPA) 50%
• Language Proficiency 50%
• Previous participation in the Erasmus Program within current study level -10 points
• Students with disabilities +10 points
• Children of martyrs and veterans +15 points
• Disable students +10 points
• Students under protection as asserted by the Law no. 2828 of Social Services +10 points
• Participation in Erasmus Program in the country of nationality -10 points
• Previous participation in the Erasmus Program within current study level: -10 points
Students are ranked in their departments according to their total Erasmus grade, as and replacements. Replacement students can be added into the primary list only if one of the primary students decides to cancel his or her application. The results are determined by an official Exchange and Placement Commission.
Students may be awarded an Erasmus grant to help cover their living expenses during their mobility period. Grant payment is subject to the amount of applications received, potential destination of the applicants and availability of funds from the Turkish National Agency. Please note that Erasmus grants are only contribution, could be not be sufficient for all the expenses of the Erasmus Program.
The amount of monthly grants is announced By Turkish National Agency and, are divided in three groups as below:
Groups According to Living Costs
Name of Countries
Monthly Erasmus Grants for Study Mobility
Group 1/2 Program Countries with Higher Living Costs
Denmark, Ireland, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, Italy Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Iceland, Malta
Group 3 Program Countries with Medium Living Costs
Bulgaria, Czechia, Estonia, Latvia, Croatia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Slovenia, Serbia
The total amount is calculated in base of the months and days of exchange done.
The grant is paid in two mainly instalments:
The first instalment which cover the 80% of the total amount is paid before the arrival in the hosting University.
The second instalment, which is the 20% remaining is paid after the student returns and after the delivery of all the document required, and on the condition that the applicant must take 30 ECTS lessons and 2/3 of these courses must be completed successfully.
Before departure | Nomination and Application to the Host University
The first contact between the selected student and the host university is made by Haliç Erasmus Office after the selection process and an e-mail regarding selected student’s contact information is sent to the responsible person at the host university.
After the nomination e-mail sent by Erasmus Office at Haliç , the host university sends the student an e-mail with necessary instructions about the application process to the host university.
Before departure | Required Documents
Before the mobility period, participants should follow the steps listed below and submit the necessary documents to the Erasmus Office.
Please be aware that a majority of this paperwork will require a signature and stamp from a relevant departmental or institutional coordinator either at Haliç or at your host university. Therefore, it is important that you allow yourself the appropriate time to complete the paperwork.
• Learning Agreement for studies: The Learning Agreement for studies (LA) is a document that indicates the precise courses that the student will be studying and needs to be approved by the student, the sending and the receiving institution. According to the Turkish National Agency’s regulations, the student should take at least 30 ECTS for a semester (for one year=60 ECTS) at the host university.
• Letter of Acceptance
• Student Visa: You should apply to student visa as soon as you get your acceptance from the host university. If you need a letter from Haliç University, please let us know, we will prepare it for you before your visa appointment. Once you get your visa, please don’t forget to send a copy of it to International Relations Office.
• Student Travel Health Insurance: Please make sure you are going to have a be careful Student Travel Health Insurance
• Euro Bank Account: Students should open a EURO bank account at Vakıfbank and send the bank account details to the Erasmus Office. The bank details we require to pay your grant must be Vakıfbank euro bank account.
• Grant Agreement: The grant agreement is signed by Haliç University and the student before the beginning of the mobility. Original signatures are used, and it is not possible to use digital signatures for grant agreement. The grant agreement states the total amount of the Erasmus+ grant which depends on the period of mobility and the group of the hosting country.
Before departure | Online Linguistic Support (old)
• Online Language Assessments: Erasmus+ participants must take the assessment twice — before and at the end of their mobility period — in order to monitor their progress in the language of mobility. The online test assesses participants' language skills - listening, reading and writing - according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students must complete the First Language Assessment before the mobility to assess their language competences. For the students who will participate in Erasmus+ program, taking the OLS language assessment before their departure is a pre-requisite.
• Online Language Courses: After taking the first language assessment, participants will have the opportunity to take language courses for free.
During your stay at the host university you can change your courses on the Learning Agreement by filling the During the Mobility Section of the Learning Agreement. If you would like to change your courses, please follow the steps listed below:
• Download the During the Mobility- Learning Agreement by clicking the name of the document.
• Consult your Departmental Coordinator at Haliç University regarding changes of the courses and have the document signed by him/her. And then, send it to the Erasmus Office through firstname.lastname@example.org
The students who participate in Erasmus+ in the fall semester, have the right to extend their mobility period to spring semester as well. If you would like to extend your stay to spring semester, please follow the steps listed below:
• Contact the Departmental Coordinator at Haliç Univeristy and get his/her permission to prolong your stay
• Ask to the International Office at the host university and get the confirmation from them, and send it to the Erasmus Office at Haliç.
• After the Mobility Section of Learning Agreement
• Certificate of the Confirmation of stay
• Transcript of Records (ToR)
• Letter of Acceptance Photocopy
• Passport photocopies (exit and entry stamps)
• Mobility Tool Final Report which will be sent by mail by the Erasmus+ Commission. The student is invited to fill the report within the 30 days after the Mobility.